On March 11, Chancellor Blank announced UW–Madison will suspend face‑to‑face instruction in response to COVID‑19. Program areas outside of traditional undergraduate and graduate programs within Continuing Studies are determining how the decision applies to them and how best to proceed.
Please know we are considering the safety of our students and instructors as the top priority and will be in communication about what alternate delivery of classes will mean for you. Fully online programs are not affected by the announcement and will continue as normal. Read the UW–Madison COVID-19 (coronavirus) plans and response for more information.
Learners enrolled in noncredit programs scheduled to have in-person meetings before April 11 will be contacted by staff with information about their programs. Please watch your email closely.
We are hoping that late spring programs will continue as usual. However, we will monitor the situation closely and share updates as the situation changes.
Registration is open for summer 2020 noncredit programs. At this time there is no impact to summer noncredit programs.
Updates will be provided as they become available.
Programs and class updates
- Arts classes: Music, dance, visual arts and in-person writing classes – A variety of strategies are being used for these programs. Learners registered in these programs will be contacted with more details.
- Badger Precollege – Precollege activities and camps are canceled through May 15. Summer 2020 registration is still open for WCATY, Summer Music Clinic, Badger Summer Scholars and Badger Precollege. We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 will provide any updates on the Badger Precollege website. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Behavior Health programs – A variety of strategies are being used for these programs, and registrations are still open for many late spring, summer and fall classes. Learners currently registered for a planned in-person class will be sent an email with more details. We will also notify registrants if anything changes.
- Consider these online Behavior Health Classes
- Contemporary Issues in Geriatric Mental Health Care (anytime, online)
- Mediation Techniques for Managing Conflict (anytime, online)
- Forgiveness A Pathway to Emotional Healing (anytime, online)
- Grief Support Specialist Certificate (online cohort: July 10-September 7, 2020)
- Consider these online Behavior Health Classes
- Distance Teaching & Learning – All scheduled offerings are running as planned.
- Distance Teaching & Learning Conference – A contingency plan for the August 2020 DT&L conference is being developed.
- Emeritus Faculty Lectures: Eloquence and Eminence – Paths to Life Long, Wide, Deep Learning on March 29 is cancelled.
- History and humanities – A variety of strategies are being used for these programs. Learners registered in these programs will be contacted with more details.
- Educational Travel
- Spoleto Festival USA has been cancelled.
- Tanzania has been cancelled.
- Languages – Noncredit language programs will be temporarily moved to online instruction. Learners registered for spring 2020 programs will be contacted by program staff.
- Leadership, Management, & Workplace Skills – A variety of strategies are being employed for all these classes. Learners already registered are being contacted with details. If you have questions and the class you are interested in is not listed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Effective Compensation and Performance Management Systems has been rescheduled for May 5-6 (original dates March 26-27).
- Elements of Digital Style: Updated Guidelines for Today’s Content Editors will meet online on April 8 instead of face-to-face.
- Executive Writing will meet online on May 21 instead of face-to-face.
- Fundamentals of Project Management has been rescheduled for Oct. 27-28.
- Honoring Our Common Differences has been rescheduled for July 7 (original date April 28).
- Leadership has been rescheduled for July 23.
- Listening for a Change: Skills for Inclusivity had been rescheduled for June 11 (original date April 7).
- Management Assessment for Personal Planning and Development will meet on August 18 (original date April 9).
- Managing in Permanent Whitewater has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled at this time.
- Managing Your Brain for Managers will meet online on 3/19 and 4/9 instead of face-to-face.
- Presenting Yourself to One or Many: Presenting to Influence will meet on Sept. 3 (originally March 26).
- Problem Analysis and Problem Solving has been rescheduled to June 16 (original date May 6).
- Project Management Certificate – The March and May sessions have been cancelled. Upcoming dates in July, September, and December are already available for registration, and an August session is coming soon.
- Servant Leadership Certificate starting on March 27 will move to online instruction for the first two days.
- Strategic Thinking, Planning and Organizational Transformation has been rescheduled for June 23 (original date March 25).
- Using Data Visualization and Infographics to Tell Your Story will meet online on April 8 instead of face-to-face.
- Tuesday Morning Booktalks – The remainder of the Tuesday Morning Booktalks has been postponed. New dates have not yet been set.
- Writers’ Institute is postponed. There will be updated information about rescheduled dates coming soon.