UWCPC – Requirements
The UWCPC is an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) through the International Coach Federation (ICF), the accrediting body for coaching. ACTP accredited programs are all inclusive training programs, which offer start to finish coach training. Graduates of an ACTP program may apply for an individual ICF Credential including the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and the Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
Watch as Magdalena Mook, CEO and Executive Director of the International Coach Federation (ICF), explains why it’s important to choose an ICF-accredited coach training program.
UWCPC requirements for 2020-2021
Covering nine months (September-May), the UWCPC includes five face-to-face sessions (three days each; Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) for a total of 15 class days, plus five teleconferences (approximately 1.5 hours each). Videoconferences can be done in the convenience of your own home or office. It has a total of 150 hours of instruction time, more than required by the International Coach Federation, the accrediting body for coaching. You also spend approximately 15 hours per week on readings and other assignments outside of class.
The UWCPC is a cohort program: You begin and complete it with the same group of learners. The UWCPC concludes with a written exam, a coaching performance exam, and a passion project.
Requirements in detail
- 15 face-to-face classes and several video conferences.
- 15 hours per week of outside classroom time doing readings and assignments.
- 10 hours of mentoring with ICF-certified coach.
- 50 hours of coaching your own clients
- 6 hours (minimum) of working with your own ICF-certified life coach (that you hire on your own for approximately $500 to $1,500).
- Complete assignments for individual modules including quizzes and discussion board posts.
- Passion Project.
- Final oral exam to demonstrate coaching skills and knowledge of ICF core competencies.
- Final written exam.
In order to successfully complete the UWCPC and receive your coaching certification, you must attend the following:
- All 15 classes located in Madison. You can miss up to 6 hours total with an excused absence.
- All virtual modules. You can miss up to two videoconferences (3 hours total) with an excused absence.