Helping writers everywhere improve their craft and achieve their goals.
Writing At a Glance
What: Whether you’re just starting out or looking to continue your development as a writer, you’re invited to join our diverse community of writers. Explore our online classes and critique services.
Who: Work with experienced instructors, inspiring writing coaches, successful authors and freelancers, agents, editors, and publishers.
Questions? Contact Christine DeSmet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Success Stories: Continuing Studies writing students sign deals, get published, and win awards! Check out their accomplishments.
Global pandemic affects Writing program
We regret to inform our valued writing community that due to pandemic-related budget impacts, the UW–Madison Division of Continuing Studies writing programs will be phased out by June 30, 2021.
- The Writers’ Institute, Write-by-the-Lake and the Fourth Lake Writing Retreat are canceled and discontinued.
- Writing classes listed on our website with specific dates will run as planned.
- Enrollment in our complete-within-one-year online courses will remain open until Summer 2021, but we encourage enrollment as soon as possible to give yourself time to enjoy the courses and complete them. Learners currently enrolled or enrolling now will have until June 30 to complete their courses.
- Writing critiques will continue to be available through June 30, 2021.
- Learners can continue to earn badges and certificates through June 30, 2021.
We are proud of the courses, writing retreats, conference, certificate programs and other programs we have offered over the years. Thank you for helping us create an amazing writing community. We know your story does not end here, and we wish you continued success in all of your creative endeavors.
No Courses currently scheduled.