This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Below are the main themes and outcomes for each unit. Each unit also contains teaching videos, 10-15 listening activities, an extended reading activity, practical exercises and cultural information related to the unit theme.
Unidad 1: ¡A conocernos!
- Review conversations for getting to know people
- Common Spanish commands
- Irregular gerunds
- Using llevar to express duration
- Review common irregular verbs in the present tense
- Reading: La costumbre de la siesta
Unidad 2: ¡A aprender!
- Vocabulary: parts of speech
- Discussing study habits and learning strategies
- Going deeper with gustar and similar verbs
- Regular verbs in simple past tense (el pretérito)
- Giving opinions: opinar, creer, pensar, deber
- Reading: Ricardo Arjona: una vida imposible de definir
Unidad 3: ¡A trabajar!
- Vocabulary: workplace
- Discussing where you like to work and what tools you need to work well
- Direct object pronouns
- Common expressions that use direct object pronouns
- Irregular verbs in the preterite
- Reading: La historia de una inmigrante
Unidad 4: ¡A viajar!
- Vocabulary: travel and housing
- Discussing travel preferences
- Understanding directions
- Describing past trips with the preterite
- Polite expressions for asking for information
- Contrast llevar and traer
- Contrast ir and venir
- Reading: Voy de viaje (una carta)
Unidad 5: ¡A repasar!
- Review Unidades 1-4
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||3.5|