This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Overview: Extra Information
- Lecture with PowerPoint
- Video clips
- Large and small group discussion
- Explore the unique impact of COVID 19 on mental health providers.
- Share stories from the frontlines: what did effective helping look like this year?
- What does the science say about telehealth and therapeutic alliances?
- Explore concepts of the “wounded healer” and compassion fatigue
- Examine the impact of the ongoing pandemic on clinical practice (1 hour)
- Explore chronic and acute anxiety from an Interpersonal Neurobiological perspective
- Identify best practices to decrease anxiety in and out of session
- Explore strategies to build up protective factors
- Explore current Research and participate in a Yoga experience
- Explore current research on yoga practice in healers
- Participate in a yoga experience designed to balance the nervous system.
- Explore Research and practice of Self compassion practice
- Define the components of self-compassion
- Complete an evidence based self-compassion assessment scale
- Participate in a self-compassion exercise
- Explore current research and practices of Meditation/mindfulness
- Explore research on MBSR, RAIN, window of tolerance
- Participate in some mindfulness practices—body scan, wheel of awareness
- Identify personal Nurturing strategies you can implement daily
- Examine research on cultivating Resilience and well-being
- Build community with fellow helpers through small group discussions and exercises
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.6|
|American Psychological Association - Continuing Education Credit||6|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Substance Abuse Counselors - Continuing Education Credit Hours||6|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Marriage and Family Therapists - Continuing Education Credit Hours||6|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Social Workers - Continuing Education Credit Hours||6|