This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Overview: Extra Information
The 30-hour online group-paced course includes:
- Four, 3-hour highly interactive live online webinars (12 hours total)
- 18 hours of independent self-study in the Canvas online course site
Minimum Course Requirements:
Participants will receive 30 hours of continuing education by meeting the following requirements:
- Fully participate in all live online webinars
- View all online course lectures
- Complete all assignments
- Complete two simulated client calls
- Complete three knowledge checks
Participants will receive the UW-Madison MI Competency-Based Certificate by meeting the following requirements:
- Complete minimum course requirements
- Demonstrate burgeoning (fair) or higher fidelity on the MITI (an evidence-based tool to assess MI competency) on one of two simulated client calls.
- Score at least 80% or higher on the summative knowledge check.
Your registration fee includes instructor feedback on two samples of simulated client practice sessions.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||3|
|American Psychological Association - Continuing Education Credit||30|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Substance Abuse Counselors - Continuing Education Credit Hours||30|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Marriage and Family Therapists - Continuing Education Credit Hours||30|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Social Workers - Continuing Education Credit Hours||30|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Licensed Professional Counselors||30|