Management Assessment for Personal Planning and Developmentcontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/0031-C-LAAS See upcoming dates
Managers have the privilege (and challenge!) of interacting with a variety of people with a variety of perspectives in today's workforce. These viewpoints are shaped by different backgrounds, experiences, and personalities. As individuals and groups communicate and work together, these differences in ideas, styles and priorities can cause frustration and judgment; hurting our ability to connect and collaborate. This class will use the DiSC® assessment instrument to build self-awareness and explore the many facets that shape the way we see our world and function at work. By incorporating neuroscience and the DiSC® framework, we will learn to better understand our perspectives, identify and adapt to the perspectives of others and to capture insightful synergies. We will discuss how to use tools and strategies to make this process easier so we can discover more options and solutions in our teams and projects.
Prior to the live session, you will be required to complete a personal assessment instrument. The cost of the assessment is included in the class fee.
Desired learning outcomes
By participating in this class you should be able to:
- Understand what shapes our individual perspectives and why we can have strong reactions to others with different points of view.
- Describe your own personal style, including your motivators, stressors, and management approach.
- Explore the traits of your own style and those of others, especially ones that may be difficult for you, plus identify ways to manage your reactions.
- Strategize specifically how you can adapt and respond to others for more effective interactions.
- Evaluate situations and determine which management styles would be the most effective.
Overview: Extra Information
Division of Continuing Studies is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.6|
Upcoming dates (0)
Not scheduled at this time. Join the mailing list.