The management of ethics, boundaries and confidentiality is especially critical for human service professionals. This workshop will address the unique issues encountered during the provision of social services and therapy. The emergence of technology and its complications will be addressed to highlight the changing trends in ethical practice in the 21st century.
Learning objectives: At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the range of ethical dilemmas and professional boundaries in human services
- Describe models for the ethical decision-making process
- Recognize the complicated nature of professional boundaries
- Identify risks that may affect professional liability
- Attribute policies, procedures, and protocols that are recommended to address ethics in a variety of contexts
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.4|
|American Psychological Association - Continuing Education Credit||4|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Substance Abuse Counselors - Continuing Education Credit Hours||4|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Marriage and Family Therapists - Continuing Education Credit Hours||4|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Social Workers - Continuing Education Credit Hours||4|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Licensed Professional Counselors||4|
Thursday, Jan. 19, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Register through: January 16, 2023
All times shown in central time.