We are pleased to announce that the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration (VCFA) has again provided scholarship funding for UW–Madison employees to attend select professional development courses offered by the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS). This marks the fifth consecutive fiscal year of professional development funding for DCS courses being made available to UW employees by the vice chancellor. This program is part of the Engagement, Inclusion and Diversity initiative.
University staff, academic staff and faculty employees may apply by filling out the form below. The scholarship will pay for the full cost of the course, and we estimate about 100 awards will be made. The application period ends Wednesday, April 27, at 9 a.m.
Eligible professional development courses in this program are offered by the Division of Continuing Studies and include training in the areas of Spanish language, leadership development, business management, diversity and inclusion, human resources and training. All courses offered will be held live online. View all VCFA courses and descriptions.
The application allows for three course choices. If the first-choice course is full at time of award, we will automatically award the second-choice course and then the third-choice course if first- and second-choice courses are full. Apply now.
- The application period ends Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at 9 a.m.
- After the application period ends, awards will be made by random draw and until the funds are exhausted.
- Last year’s (FY21) awardees will not be eligible for a scholarship this spring.
- All applicants will be notified of their award status by email early in the week of May 2, 2022, and will receive a link to register.
- One application per employee.
- Employment status and past awardee status will be verified before awards are made.
- This program is for university staff, academic staff and faculty employees with an appointment FTE greater than zero.
- Before submitting your application, please reserve the course dates on your calendar and obtain approval to attend the course from your supervisor, if appropriate.
- All DCS policies regarding cancellation and transfer will apply.
Employees who are awarded the scholarship will be notified and receive a nontransferable code to use for complementary registration for their first, second or third choice (depending upon space availability). Please see special notes for Spanish 0, 1 and 2 registrations below.
After awardees register with their nontransferable code, they will receive a registration confirmation from email@example.com.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a scholarship for these courses only if you supervise or regularly interact with Spanish-speaking colleagues, students or external stakeholders as part of your position. Course dates are available through the summer and fall of 2022. If you select this option and are awarded a scholarship, you will be contacted regarding specific section availability.
The 2022 VCFA scholarship application period has ended.