VCFA Professional Development Program
VCFA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: NOW IN ITS THIRD YEAR
We are pleased to announce that Laurent Heller, vice chancellor for Finance and Administration, has provided scholarship funding for UW–Madison employees to attend select professional development courses offered by the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS). This marks the third consecutive fiscal year of professional development funding for DCS courses being made available to UW employees by the vice chancellor. This program is part of the Engagement, Inclusion and Diversity initiative.
University Staff, Academic Staff and Faculty employees may submit an application by filling out the form below. The scholarship will pay for the full cost of the course, and we estimate about 100 awards will be made. The application period is open now, and ends on Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Eligible professional development courses in this program are offered by the Division of Continuing Studies and include training in the areas of leadership development, business management, diversity and inclusion, human resources and training, and career planning. A full list of courses and descriptions can be found here >
The application will allow for three course choices. If the first choice course is full at time of award, we will automatically award and register the employee into the second choice course, and then the third choice course if first and second choice courses are full.
- The applicant period ends Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
- After the application period ends, awards will be made by random draw and until the funds are exhausted.
- All applicants will be notified of their award status by email and no later than August 30.
- All awarded applications will be registered and sent a registration confirmation by email no later than September 6.
- Please do not attempt to register yourself under this scholarship program.
- One application per employee.
- Employment status will be verified before awards are made.
- This program is for University Staff, Academic Staff and Faculty employees with an appointment FTE greater than zero.
- Before submitting your application, please reserve the course dates on your calendar and obtain approval to attend the course from your supervisor, if appropriate.
- All DCS policies regarding cancellation and transfer will apply.
- Email for questions: email@example.com