The Business Spanish Certificate Program
Starts Sept. 15, 2021; complete within one year.
The online Business Spanish Certificate program from UW–Madison Continuing Studies is the only academic program of its kind in the Midwest.
In as little as six months, greatly improve your professional proficiency in Spanish and gain the cultural knowledge you need to conduct business in Spain and Latin America. Learn to communicate professionally via email, telephone, Skype, and face-to-face. Create professional presentations tailored to your career. This online two-course certificate program for working professionals provides scheduling flexibility and personalized learning. Prerequisite: Intermediate level of Spanish.
Business Spanish Certificate Program
Sept. 15, 2021–Sept. 14, 2022
Fee:$875 | Group 2 or more, $750 each
- Speaking professionally
- Composing professional emails
- Phone conversations
- Discussing your own background and skills
- Talking about your company’s services and structure
- Thorough grammar review
- Business etiquette in Spanish-speaking countries
- Video conferencing and Skype interviews
- Creating professional documents
- Customized research focusing on the business sector in a specific region, both chosen by you: economic and business climates, trade and professional associations, consumer trends and marketing
Why earn this certificate?
This program offers a practical, flexible, and convenient way to acquire the language skills and cultural knowledge entrepreneurs and corporate professionals need to conduct business successfully in Spain and Latin America. Learn business etiquette, create professional documents, and learn to discuss your own training and your business sector, all while growing your knowledge about the Spanish-speaking business world and negotiating cross-culturally.
Who should take this certificate?
- Business professionals who need hands-on skills for their current positions
- Professionals who wish to expand their career opportunities by acquiring the ability to work cross-culturally
- MBA students who are considering careers in international business
- Professionals working for NGOs who work with Spanish-speaking countries
- Anyone interested in gaining practical language and cultural skills
- Undergraduates looking to prepare themselves for a competitive global market