Write By The Lake: Fees & Credits
Fees & Credits
- Sections 1-7, 10-11, & 13 are $425 until May 20. Goes up $50 after May 20.
- Master Class Section 8 with Angela Rydell: $525. (same after May 20)
- Master Class Section 9 with Christine DeSmet: $950. (same after May 20)
- Section 12 with Heather Shumaker (3 days): $295. (same after May 20)
- Master Class Section 14 with Gale Walden (3 days): $295. (same after May 20)
- Optional University credit is extra. (See below for more information.)
College credits cost extra. For adult students taking only this class, you pay the UNDERgraduate rate and will receive graduate-level credit. Nonresidents also pay the resident, undergraduate fees. UW-Madison credit fees are listed at registrar.wisc.edu/tuition.
Graduate Credit Enrollment
- Step 1. To earn graduate credit in English (1, 2, or 3 credits available), you first must enroll in the retreat with the continuing education fee. Complete that process first. All students, including those currently enrolled on-campus, must complete that step and pay that fee.
- Step 2. Once you’ve done that, our office (Liberal Studies & the Arts, Division of Continuing Studies) will send you information and a student ID number with instructions on how to register online for the credits. You will pay an additional fee for the credits. Note: This is a “by permission only” course because it’s limited enrollment. You must go through us to become registered for credit.
- Step 3. Complete the online registration process by the deadline in the material we send you. If you have questions about the credit process for this particular course, please contact Christine DeSmet, coordinator, 608-262-3447 or email@example.com.
Grants For Returning Adult Students Pursuing a Degree
Continuing Studies sometimes provides grants for in-state tuition for adults with a significant break from education taking one class to get started with their studies. Criteria and application information available at acsss.wisc.edu/financing-your-education/ or contact Adult and Student Services, Division of Continuing Studies, 608-263-6960.