Workplace Coaching Certificate – Curriculum
Curriculum for spring 2018 program
Learn in a blended learning format through face-to-face classes on the UW-Madison campus and via teleconferences available from any location. You begin and complete the program with the same cohort of learners, have ample opportunity to put your newly learned coaching skills into practice, and master all of the core competencies outlined by the International Coach Federation.
The program is taught in a blended learning format that covers four months (March – June). It includes:
- Three face-to-face modules (9 days), held Wednesdays 9am-5pm, Thursdays 9am-7pm, and Fridays 9am-1pm at The Pyle Center, UW-Madison campus
- Four teleconferences, held Thursdays from 11:30am-1pm (can be done from any location)
- Online class support and instruction (can be done from any location)
- Approximately 10 hours per month outside of class on readings, coaching with clients, and other assignments
Overview: In Module 1 we teach the three core competencies needed to lay a strong foundation for your coaching relationships. We explore tools that will help you sharpen your understanding of yourself and coaching. You acquire skills that will allow you to begin coaching your staff and team more effectively.
When: W-F, Mar 7-9, 2018 (W 9am-5pm, Th 9am-7pm, F 9am-1pm)
Overview: In Module 2 we take your coaching skills to the next level. We are focused on the mission of coaching which is to create awareness. Going deeper into the core competencies we explore the skills that support the coaching mission to create awareness.
When: W-F, Apr 4-6, 2018 (W 9am-5pm, Th 9am-7pm, F 9am-1pm)
Overview: In this module we focus on the core competencies that support your employee getting into action and managing their progress. We bring together the knowledge, skills, and abilities that you’ve learned over the past four months and show you how to integrate them into your workplace.
When: W-F, Jun 6-8, 2018 (W 9am-5pm, Th 9am-7pm, F 9am-1pm)
Skill Enhancement and Ethics
Overview: In this module we will focus on enhancing all the coaching skills you are learning by doing skill drills using real life workplace challenges. We will also cover the International Coach Federations Code of Ethics. Increase your knowledge of coaching skills and core competencies, practice communication skills that guide your clients to a higher level of awareness, and develop abilities that increase your confidence and help your employees to achieve their vision.
When: Thursdays, Mar 29, Apr 26, May 10, May 24, 11:30am-1pm
Workplace Coaching Certificate-Pre-Program Requirements:
- Read the book Co-Active Coaching
- Go to the Website coachfederation.org and under the tab Individual Credentialing, read the ICF Core Competencies. Under the tab, Need Coaching? Read Benefits of using a coach.