Weekend with Your Novel: Manuscript Critiques
An optional manuscript critique provides a personal critique experience for a small number of writers who seek honest and supportive feedback one-on-one with one of our authors.
Register for a manuscript critique and submit 10 pages of your manuscript following the guidelines below. Include a brief synopsis (up to 250 words single spaced) on a separate page. Email your manuscript as an attachment (MS Word, RTF, or PDF) to Christopher Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 13 with the subject line “Novel Critique: [critique instructor’s last name]”.
Critique manuscript guidelines
- 1-inch margins, aligned left, unjustified
- 12-point Times New Roman or similar typeface
- title and author’s name on first page
- last name and page number in header on subsequent pages
- electronic file name: author’s last name + “[last name of group leader]_critique group”: e.g., “Smith_Chambers critique group.”