Advanced Dementia Care Certificate
You’ll soon start receiving behavioral health emails from Continuing Studies.
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to provide compassionate, high-quality care to people with advanced dementia. You’ll learn from clinical and research experts from UW–Madison and beyond.
- Addressing Sexuality and Intimacy Needs (Live Online)
- Applying a GEMS(R) Approach (Live Online)
- Developing Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills (Live Online)
- Enhancing Care with Speech and Language Pathology (Live Online)
- Managing Pain and Emotional Distress (Live Online)
- Medical and Palliative Care Collaboration (Live online)
- Meeting Spiritual and Cultural Needs (Live online)
- Sleep Problem Strategies (Live Online)
- Summer Institute on Advanced Dementia Care: The Impact of Trauma (Live online)
Complete all of the following within two years of starting the program, for a total of 53 continuing education (CE) hours:
- Take any eight of our one-day classes, each of which earns you five continuing education (CE) hours.
- After completing your eight classes, write a final paper (three to five pages) on one of them. You will receive details about this assignment ahead of time.
- Attend the Summer Institute on Advanced Dementia, which earns you 13 CE hours. The next institute takes place June 11, 2021.