Registration and Admission

Information about registration, and admission and enrollment, processes forms and applications.

Depending on your student status and whether you are taking a credit or noncredit class or program, registration and enrollment methods vary. If you have questions about registration and admission, call Continuing Studies at 608-262-1156 or email

UW-Madison Courses

Admission to the University is required prior to enrolling in credit course(s) regardless of whether you intend to earn credit yourself. Adult Career and Special Student Services (ACSSS) handles admissions for all nondegree students and provides educational counseling to help get you pointed in the right direction. See the ACSSS Become a Student page to get started.

Ordering UW-Madison transcripts online: For more information, and to place your order, go to

Noncredit Programs

Admission to the University is not required to register for noncredit programs.

See course descriptions in the online catalog for how to register for a specific class or program. For phone and online registrations a credit card or purchase order is required.

Ordering transcripts of CEUs: University of Wisconsin–Extension maintains records of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for UW-Madison Continuing Studies program participants as well as Independent Learning course participants. For more information on how to request a transcript, go to

Independent Learning

See registration options for Independent Learning courses.