UWCPC – Requirements
UWCPC requirements for 2019-2020
The UWCPC is a blended learning program with a total of 8 modules. 5 of those modules are each 3-day face-to-face classes, and 3 of the modules are virtual via teleconference over the 10 months (September-June). The classes total 125 hours of instruction time. The certificate is a cohort program and participants are required to attend and complete the program in its entirety to earn the certificate.
In addition to the 5 face-to-face classes and 3 virtual modules, participants will complete readings and assignments. Approximately 10 hours per week of outside classroom time is required.
The UWCPC concludes with a written examination, a final coaching performance examination, and a capstone Passion Project presentation and paper.
Requirements in detail
- 8 Modules (in person and virtual)
- 10 hours/week of outside classroom time doing readings and assignments
- 6 individual supervisions (1.5 hours each) with ICF-certified coaches
- 10 hours of mentoring with ICF-certified coach
- 50 hours of coaching your own clients
- 6 hours (minimum) of working with your own ICF-certified life coach (that you hire on your own) over the course of 6 months
- Complete assignments for individual modules including quizzes, discussion board posts, and a Personal Learning Journal
- Passion Project: Gallery walk/poster session and presentation
- Final oral exam to demonstrate coaching skills and knowledge of ICF core competencies
- Final written exam
In order to successfully complete the UWCPC and receive your coaching certification, you must attend the following:
- All 5 in-person modules located in Madison. You can miss up to 6 hours total with an excused absence.
- All virtual modules. You can miss up to 2 teleconferences (3 hours) with an excused absence.