PLCC – How to apply
The applications review committee is tasked with choosing applicants who bring diverse experiences, a desire to learn, ability to self-reflect, and the commitment and time at this point in their lives for their own transformational learning.
The contribution and interaction of our students is an important part of the PLCC’s cohort learning model. We are interested in creating a dynamic and diverse learning community. There is no typical Professional Life Coaching Certificate student; applicants come from across the country, and the globe, each bringing unique perspectives, talents, and experiences. Students backgrounds vary widely. They are new to the workforce, retired, and in mid-career. Some students are seasoned coaches and some come with no coaching experience at all. A variety of disciplines are represented in the cohort including but not limited to education, human resources, social work, talent management, clergy, marketing, and those seeking a new career. They have in common an interest in academic excellence, strong motivation, a love of learning, and an interest in personal growth and reflection. They are seeking the tools to guide, inspire, and empower others to reach their potential and get results.
We welcome individuals to apply who feel that this is the right time in their life for a rigorous, challenging, and incredibly rewarding learning experience.
Application details for the 2018 – 19 PLCC Cohort coming February, 2018.
- Anticipated application deadline for 2018 – 19 PLCC Cohort: June 1, 2018.
Applicants must have the following prerequisites to ensure the appropriate knowledge, experience, and mindset to succeed in the program:
- A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university. No specific undergraduate major is required.
- Demonstrated willingness to engage in reflection and self-examination and be open to feedback.
- Submit $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit application form (you will receive access to the form once the application fee has been paid)
- Submit resume
- Have 2 letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf (letters need to be submitted by reference, not the PLCC applicant) – One letter from a person familiar with the applicant’s work experience and interests, the other letter from a person familiar with the applicant personally. Have references submit letters to: email@example.com.
Upon receipt of all required application materials (fee, form, resume and 2 letters of recommendation), you will be contacted to schedule a 15 minute phone interview.
- Have 15-minute phone interview with the Program Director, Kristi Obmascher. During the phone interview all applicants will be asked the same series of questions.
Action to take now
Once your fee has been accepted, you will receive information on how to proceed, including the needed forms. Materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Professional Life Coaching Certificate program.