PLCC – Curriculum
UW-Madison PLCC Dates: 2018-2019 – Year #6
Coaching Fundamentals: Setting the Foundation
In this module we touch on every aspect of the coaching process and lay the foundation to deepen your development as a professional life coach. You acquire the fundamentals to begin your coaching career.
- September 12-14, 2018 (9am to 5pm on W-Th; 9am-4pm on F)
Supervision and Mentoring: Increasing Your Impact Through Experience
This virtual module, which runs throughout the program, is where your coaching truly flourishes. We begin with a teleconference to review the process and goals of supervision. Then you have 6 individual sessions in which an ICF-certified coach observes your coaching and provides written and verbal feedback based on the ICF core competencies.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference (Overview of Supervision)
- Virtual (October 2018 through the end of the program in May 2019) – Eight 1.5 hour individual supervisions/mentoring
Coaching Ethics: Understanding ICF Ethical Guidelines
Virtual (October 2018 through May 2019)
- Series of online self-paced videos, articles, case studies, discussion board posts, and quizzes in Learn@UW. Discussion, learning, case studies and FAQs in person as well during modules 5 and 6.
Coaching Presence: Developing an Inside-Out Perspective
Here we focus on your development as a coach. Discover core values, beliefs, and perspectives that shape your frame of reference and then learn how to self-manage in order to heighten your coaching presence. Know yourself better so you can be a more effective and powerful agent of change.
- November 14-16, 2018 (9am to 5pm on W-Th; 9am-4pm on F)
Skill Development: Mentoring and the ICF Core Competencies
Virtual (November 2018 through March 2019) – Five 1.5 hour individual teleconferences and online learning
Increase your knowledge of coaching skills and core competencies, practice communication skills that guide your clients to a higher level of awareness, and develop abilities that increase your confidence and help your clients achieve their vision.
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (11:30am to 1pm) – Teleconference
Co-Creating a Coaching Relationship: Learning Best Practices
Learn how to create a safe and supportive environment based on mutual respect and trust, which in turn helps your clients be bold and courageous in achieving their goals. Understanding the coaching process and the importance of coaching logistics helps you co-create a strong coaching relationship.
- January 16-18, 2019 (9am to 5pm on W-Th; 9am-4pm on F)
Forwarding the Action: Facilitating Learning and Results
Learn how to guide your clients from awareness to creating what they want for themselves. Understand how to establish, develop, design, and plan with your clients to facilitate progress, deepen learning, and help them move forward.
- March 20-22, 2019 (9am to 5pm on W-Th; 9am-4pm on F)
Integration: Bringing it All Together
Understand how all the pieces fit together to create a powerful coaching relationship that includes action and accountability. You build a higher level of self-awareness, an understanding and basic practice of coaching skills, and the ability to co-create dynamic coaching relationships.
- June 5-7, 2019 (9am to 5pm on W-Th; 9am-4pm on F)