University Special Students

If you are not currently enrolled in a UW-Madison degree program, but you want to take UW-Madison credit courses for credit, you must apply as a University Special student. There are different classifications of University Special students depending on your situation.

Adult Career and Special Student Services is the admissions office for all University Specials. Visit for the information you need about classifications, admission process, and privileges.