Grief Support Specialist Certificate
Become specialized in the growing field of grief and loss with a certificate from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Join us for this upcoming class:
Grief Support Specialist Certificate (online)
October 15 – December 10, 2021
35 continuing education hours
Fee: $1,295 through September 17; $1,495 after
More than five weeks of learning from prerecorded lectures and readings and participating in discussions. Spend the final three weeks completing your final project.
Acquire the knowledge and skills to create or enhance a professional specialty in counseling people who have suffered a major loss as the result of death or other traumatic personal devastation.
Our uniquely designed, practical programs include exceptional instruction, facilitated discussions and participant activities. You’ll get to know the instructors — renowned experts who understand the complexity of personal loss — as you learn to:
- Utilize theories about different types of loss
- Explore your personal grief history
- Implement counseling techniques for children and adults
- Develop basic multicultural competencies for working with diverse clients
- Explore disenfranchised and traumatic grief
- Cultivate skills for assessing spiritual language and spiritual concerns
“The wealth and depth of information and sharing were amazing. The knowledge level of instructors in tandem with their practical and life experience enhanced the applicability of the course.”
Grief Support Specialist student