In these unprecedented times, it’s more important than ever to engage with the world and continue learning.
We continue to be committed to our learning community. We’re working hard to provide you high-quality online classes and experiences to meet your needs in an ever-changing world. We’ve offered virtual learning for more than a decade, providing dynamic offerings to support your vital work, give you inspiring experiences and fuel your academic progress.
Whether you’re taking a class for personal enrichment, professional development or academic advancement, our online opportunities provide high-level instruction for you to build your knowledge and skills — while growing with a community of learners. We know that you’ll take what you learn into your community and make the world a better place.
We look forward to seeing you at in person again in the future. In the meantime, be safe, support each other and never stop learning.
Programs and class updates
Registration is open for 2020 noncredit programs. Updates will be provided as they become available.
- Creative arts practices – Many music, dance and visual arts classes have been moved online to help you build skills and sustain your creative practice through the summer.
- Badger Precollege – UW-Madison is canceling all in-person summer youth programs sponsored by the university for summer 2020. This includes: WCATY, Summer Music Clinic, Badger Summer Scholars, Imaging Self and Badger Precollege programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Behavioral Health – We will be moving many of our planned 2020 fall classes to virtual experiences, and creating new, shorter online learning opportunities to meet your continuing education needs. See updates on behavioral health classes in the coming weeks.
- Distance Teaching & Learning – All scheduled offerings are running as planned.
- Distance Teaching & Learning (DTL) Conference – The DTL Conference will be held online from August 3-7.
- Educational Travel – Trips to Tanzania and the Spoleto Festival have been canceled.
- Grief Support Specialist Certificate – Become specialized in a growing and needed field with a certificate from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- History and Humanities – Watch the website for classes coming in the fall, including What History Tells: European Gender, Sexuality, and the Borders of Tolerance, 1914-2020.
- Languages – Check for online language courses available throughout the summer.
- Leadership, Management, & Workplace Skills – A variety of strategies are being employed for all these classes including moving to online instruction. Learners already registered are being contacted with details. If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Summer Institute on Advanced Dementia Care: Living, Not Simply Existing – Registration is open for the Thursday, July 30, 2020 virtual learning experience featuring Teepa Snow, MS, OT/L, FAOTA, a nationally recognized expert on dementia care.
- Tuesday Morning Booktalks – The remainder of the Tuesday Morning Booktalks has been postponed. New dates have not yet been set.
- Writing – All online writing programs will continue as usual, with many classes available anytime.