At a glance
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
26th Annual ADEIL Conference: FAQs
October 24-26, 2018
What is ADEIL?
- ADEIL is the Association for Distance Education and Independent Learning. Learn more about them at adeil.org.
What does the conference registration fee include?
- The conference registration fee includes attendance at the conference, conference meals, and one year of annual membership to ADEIL.
What does Madison have to offer within walking distance of the conference site?
- Downtown Madison is walkable and has bikes available for rental as well as city bus service. Within walking distance of the conference venue, you will find the Chazen Museum of Art, the Wisconsin Historical Society, the UW-Madison Memorial Library (get a day pass at the welcome desk), many restaurants, shops, and more.
How do I get to Madison?
- Conference attendees may drive, take a bus to Madison, or fly into the Dane County Regional Airport. Some attendees may prefer to fly into Milwaukee or Chicago O’Hare airports and rent a car or take the Badger bus or Van Galder bus to Madison. For more details about travel to Madison, see our travel and lodging page.
How do I register?
- Conference attendees may register online here. Once on the registration page, click on the first Event/Session to proceed.
Do I have to pay at the time of registration?
- You may register now and pay at a later date. We will send you email reminders regarding payment deadlines.
Is there a conference hotel?
- The Graduate Hotel in Madison is the conference hotel. For more information, see our travel and lodging page.
What is the conference hotel rate?
- The conference hotel room rate is $139 per night. Be sure to reserve your rooms by August 24 to lock in this special conference rate.
Are meals included in the conference?
Is workshop attendance included in the conference?
- Each attendee is welcome to attend one complimentary workshop during the conference. We ask that you register for your workshop in advance to assure space will be available.
I am arriving early. Are there pre-conference activities?
- Madison offers a variety of activities within easy walking distance. You may also elect to participate in pre-conference activities. For more information on the pre-conference activities, see our pre-conference page. For more information on the pre-conference workshop, see our pre-conference workshop page (coming soon).
I am staying late. Are there post-conference activities?
- Madison offers a variety of activities within easy walking distance. You may also elect to participate in post-conference activities. Please see this page for more details.
I am concerned about accessibility. Who should I contact?
- We are committed to making the ADEIL conference accessible. Please contact David Werther at email@example.com or 608-265-6386 regarding your specific accessibility needs.
I have specific dietary needs. Who should I contact?
- Please contact David Werther at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-265-6386 regarding your specific dietary needs.
Is there a graduate student rate?
- The graduate student rate is $445.
Is there an early bird registration rate?
- The early bird rate is $445.
If I am presenting at the conference, do I need to register?
- All presenters must register for the conference.
I have a question that is not included in the conference FAQ. What should I do?
- You may submit your question through the form below or contact the conference organizers:
- Sarah Korpi: Email, email@example.com
- David Werther: Phone, 608-265-6386