Come hear world-renowned speakers, meet others in your industry, and immerse yourself in your professional development or personal enrichment.
- The Wisconsin Regional Art Program was established to encourage Wisconsin citizens with a serious interest in Art. People who make art purely for the love of it, rather than for fame and fortune. The purpose of WRAP is to encourage artists to develop their abilities.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families sponsors this annual conference for staff who work in all areas of adoption.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families and Children’s Court Improvement Project sponsor this biennial conference for judicial officers, county and tribal agency management, and attorneys involved in child welfare and juvenile justice.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families sponsors this biennial conference for youth workers from a variety of disciplines, and addresses topics including youth justice, prevention and intervention, employment and education, housing, independent living, and emerging trends.
- The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families sponsors this biennial conference for child welfare workers.
- This 1-day leadership conference gives you a chance to explore useful and thought provoking topics that will help deepen your understanding of leadership and add to your tools and resources. The breakout sessions are intentionally longer to give more time for learning and connecting.
- Join us August of every year for this premier event that brings together experts, resources, research, and best practices relevant to the design and delivery of distance education and online teaching.
- This annual and affordable novel-writing retreat is new every year, offering a weekend’s worth of valuable tips, techniques, and inspiration from published writers, experienced teachers, and editors. For all novelists and aspiring novelists who want to start smart, revise right, and finish strong. Our goal: to help you begin, complete, and improve your novel. With more than 12 sessions to choose from and optional manuscript critique workshops, this intensive weekend is fun and inspiring.
- Join writers from around the country at a professional retreat with a creative atmosphere. Every year, over 100 writers from 15 states and other countries took advantage of beautiful, sunny June weather in Madison, Wisconsin, to refresh their writing life. Our retreat features sessions for beginners and advanced writers (including Master Classes), and offers optional graduate credits in English.
- The Writers’ Institute is the Midwest’s premier writers’ conference, filled with 3 spring days of education, entertainment, and writing inspiration. What began a quarter of a century ago has always been an informative and fun event providing aspiring, emerging, and established writers with up-to-date information about their craft, the publishing industry, and current trends in writing—as well as being a great place to network with fellow writers.
At a glance
What: Unique, often first-of-their-kind professional development and personal enrichment conferences, institutes, and events
Who: Taught by leading educators, clinicians, and subject-matter experts from UW-Madison and around the world
Certification/when: Programs meet multiple requirements and standards for continuing education, see individual conferences for details
Questions? Contact info for each conference is available on its corresponding webpage; click any title for details and to register