An Introduction to Mastering Healthy Sleepcontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/1730-C-PDAS See upcoming dates
*The 9/14/21 instance of this class has unfortunately been canceled. Please scroll down to join our mailing list to learn about similar classes.
Are you interested in improving your sleep? Are you dealing with chronic sleep issues or acute insomnia? Or are you curious to learn more about the science of sleep? Join us for an introductory immersion into sleep neuroscience and evidence-based approaches to improving your sleep. During this three-hour interactive class, you’ll learn about sleep neuroscience, how to assess your sleep, and actionable strategies to create the foundations for healthy consistent sleep.
The immersion will be led by sleep and behavioral experts from Somni, a Madison-based sleep health company that makes personalized evidence-based sleep health programs for individuals dealing with sleep health challenges.
Our aim will be to equip participants with a sound understanding of the foundational principles behind healthy sleep habits and how to implement sustainable and positive behavioral changes.
- Address how to optimize their environment, routine and behaviors for healthy consistent sleep.
- Discuss how sleep affects weight, physical and metabolic health as well as cognition, memory and mood.
- Explore the connections between sleep health, stress and emotional regulation.
- Apply principles of sleep behavioral medicine to improve physical, cognitive and/or emotional health.
- Review sleep stages and the evidence-based research behind their functions.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.3|
Upcoming dates (0)
Not scheduled at this time. Join the mailing list.