Mastering Healthy Sleep Habits: An evidence-based approach to improving sleepcontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/1731-C-PDAS See upcoming dates
Do you struggle with chronic or acute sleep issues? Do you want to deeply understand the fundamentals of sound sleep? Are you serious about getting your sleep on track?
Whether sleep issues are chronic, stemming from ongoing, underlying issues or stress-induced, learn how to take control of the nightly challenge of unhealthy sleep patterns. This course empowers participants to create sustainable modifications through a deep understanding of sleep neuroscience and learning strategies of behavioral change to create a foundation for consistent healthy sleep. During this 6-week class, learners will participate in a blend of weekly self-paced online modules and interactive live lectures and workshops. The online modules will dive into sleep neuroscience and the accompanying evidence-based behavioral health science behind creating a healthy foundation for sleep.
An Investment in Your Sleep Health
The immersive live lectures will be followed by small group workshops facilitated by sleep specialists who will use data-powered coaching to facilitate individualized approaches and solutions to chronic sleep issues.
- Learners will have the opportunity to screen for insomnia and sleep apnea.
- All participants will receive a Somni premium sleep health kit with products designed to improve any sleeping environment.
- Expert guest lecturers from the fields of Sleep Behavioral Medicine, Genetics and Health Design will be accessible to learners.
We aim to equip participants with a sound understanding of the foundational principles behind sleep neuroscience and how to implement sustainable and positive behavioral changes for better health.
- Apply best practices for optimizing the environment, routine and behaviors for healthy consistent sleep.
- Assess personal sleeping patterns and analyze sleep data to set individual goals.
- Review and discuss landmark sleep research studies and their implications for health.
- Explore how sleep affects weight, genetic, physical and metabolic health as well as cognition, memory, stress and emotional health.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||1.7|
Upcoming dates (0)
Not scheduled at this time. Join the mailing list.