Inclusive Teaching Online: Skills and Techniques for All Trainerscontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/0650-C-PDAS See upcoming dates
Regardless of the topic, all instructors/trainers need to create a positive learning environment to support learner acquisition of knowledge and skills. A current and more advanced practice of this goal today is to create an inclusive space where participants feel safe to bring their entire selves to the class. Many inclusive engagement practices have come to be known as Universal Course Design (UCD). The larger principles of UCD will be summarized, then the major focus of the class will be techniques and tools that can be immediately applied to online format classes for creating flexible, equitable and respectful learning experiences. Gain insights and ideas from colleagues and our instructor who has over a decade of relevant experience.
- Learn multiple approaches for starting a class in an inclusive manner.
- Review Universal Design principles & develop a strategy for addressing missing elements in your existing classes.
- Identify practices that avoid unfair assessments.
- Prepare your inclusive facilitation style.
- Adapt or develop a plan to make your next online training a more flexible, equitable and inclusive experience for your learners.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.3|
Upcoming dates (1)
Inclusive Teaching Online: Skills and Techniques for All Trainers
$285; gov't/nonprofit $195
Thursday, Sept. 22, 9 a.m.–noon
Register through: September 19, 2022
All times shown in central time.