Cultural Humility to Cultural Reverence for Human Services Professionalscontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/8713-C-PDAS See upcoming dates
The dedicated exploration of Cultural Humility to Cultural Reverence (CH2CR) increases the cultural lens of all mental health and human service providers including those providing direct service, supervisors and support team members. The goal of this class is to enhance your ability to serve increasingly diverse client populations and work with increasingly diverse teams. We will address the four principles of cultural humility: self-reflection and lifelong learning, client as expert, community as expert and institutional self-reflection.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 4-Principles of Cultural Humility
- Apply the 4-Principles of Cultural Humility in your service context
- Analyze the application of the 4-Principles of Cultural Humility to avoid bias, prejudice, and 'isms (racism, orientation-ism, gender-ism, and on)
Introductory - Intermediate
Overview: Extra Information
This virtual class is being offered remotely at the listed days/times. Details, including instructions for accessing the online learning platform via the internet or dial-in option, will be provided to registrants.
- Agreements to have healthy and generative discussions regarding identity (race, gender, orientation, and on)
- Self-Reflection + Lifelong Learning
- Surfacing Implicit Bias
- Served Person as Expert: Integration of Motivational Interviewing, Trauma, and Cultural Humility
- Learning about Identity
- Community as Expert
- Intersection of Historical Trauma + Identity
- Experiencing Bias
- Systemic + Structural Oppression
- Next Steps in Learning
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||1.2|
|American Psychological Association - Continuing Education Credit||12|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Substance Abuse Counselors - Continuing Education Credit Hours||12|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Marriage and Family Therapists - Continuing Education Credit Hours||12|
|Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services - Social Workers - Continuing Education Credit Hours||12|
Cultural Humility to Cultural Reverence for Human Services Professionals
3 weeks; Thursday, Nov. 4-18, noon–4 p.m.
Register through: November 03, 2021
All times shown in central time.
If you withdraw three days business days prior to the start date of the class, you receive a full refund of your tuition minus a $50 administrative fee. No refund is given after that date.