You can make performance reviews more meaningful. Learn how to establish clear performance expectations early in the process and facilitate a collaborative conversation between supervisors and employees. Gain tools to define what great performance is for each employee, develop SMART expectations for every position, identify the right coaching goals, and create a transformative approach for conducting effective and inspiring face-to-face performance reviews. Counts as a CPM Personnel Management class.
Desired learning outcomes
As a result of participating in this session you'll be able to:
- Describe why the traditional performance review tends to create fear and anxiety vs. learning, growth, and performance improvement.
- Integrate the values and behaviors of the Collaborative Mindset into your everyday performance management and to enable fearless reviews.
- Apply the Great Performance Management Cycle as a framework for managing the performance of others and the foundation of the performance review.
- Become an effective performance coach by understanding the role of the coach, the five coaching roles, and the dynamic nature of performance coaching.
- Identify the both the job and organizational responsibilities for every position that reports to you.
- Develop SMART performance expectations and goals.
- Document performance throughout the performance period.
- Analyze the causes of performance problems.
- Practice the four active listening skills.
- Describe the foundations for giving constructive feedback.
- Conduct a truly fearless performance review.
Overview: Extra Information
Division of Continuing Studies is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||1.2|
Upcoming dates (0)
Not scheduled at this time. Join the mailing list.