Communication Strategies for Women in the Workplacecontinuingstudies.wisc.edu/0841-C-LAAS See upcoming dates
This class is one full day, offered in a participatory live-online format with brief prework.
Both men and women face challenges to reaching their goals in organizations. Being understood as intended when communicating is inherently complex because of the fundamental nature of human perception and the influence of almost any difference between sender and receiver, including gender. Drawing from academic research and the collective experience of those in the program (including men, who are welcome), we will explore practical communication strategies for women to help them effectively navigate today's dynamic workplace.
- Examine the impacts of traditionally gendered communication behaviors.
- Identify your personal communication style, its strengths and challenges.
- Experience communication techniques that are outside of your personal style.
- Explore aspects of assertiveness; beliefs, barriers and interpretations.
- Learn to adapt and combine traditionally gendered behaviors to achieve more successful outcomes.
Overview: Extra Information
Division of Continuing Studies is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Earn Continuing Education Hours
By participating in this class you will earn:
|University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Units||.6|
Upcoming dates (0)
Not scheduled at this time. Join the mailing list.