UWCPC – How to apply
The UWCPC is an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) through the International Coach Federation (ICF), the accrediting body for coaching. ACTP accredited programs are all inclusive training programs, which offer start to finish coach training. Graduates of an ACTP program may apply for an individual ICF Credential including the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and the Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
Watch as Magdalena Mook, CEO and Executive Director of the International Coach Federation (ICF), explains why it’s important to choose an ICF-accredited coach training program.
We look for applicants who bring diverse experiences, a desire to learn, an ability to self-reflect, and the commitment and time for their own transformational learning.
We are interested in creating a dynamic and diverse learning community. There is no typical UWCPC student. Each student brings their unique perspectives, talents, and experiences. Students’ backgrounds vary widely. Some students are seasoned coaches and some come with no coaching experience at all. A variety of careers are represented in the cohort include education, human resources, social work, clergy, marketing, and those seeking a new career. They have in common an interest in academic excellence, strong motivation, and an interest in personal growth. They are seeking the tools to guide, inspire, and empower others to reach their potential and get results.
We welcome individuals to apply who feel that this is the right time in their life for a rigorous, challenging, and incredibly rewarding learning experience.
Applicants must have the following prerequisites to ensure the appropriate knowledge, experience, and mindset to succeed in the program:
- Willingness to engage in reflection, self-examination, and be open to feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; no specific undergraduate major is required.
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee
- Submit application form (you will receive access to the form once the application fee has been paid)
- Submit resume via email to Elizabeth Misel at email@example.com
- Have 1 letter of recommendation submitted on your behalf (letter needs to be submitted by your reference, not the UWCPC applicant) – One letter from a person familiar with the applicant’s work experience and interests. Have reference submit letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of all required application materials (fee, form, resume, and letter of recommendation), you will be contacted to schedule a 15-minute phone interview.
- Have 15-minute phone interview. During the phone interview, all applicants will be asked the same series of questions.
Questions about applying?
Contact Special Projects Manager Elizabeth Misel at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the UW Certified Professional Coach program.