Substance Use Disorders Certificate Program
Practical information and skills to help human service professionals make real differences in the lives of substance abusers.
The Substance Use Disorders Certificate Program supplements your professional clinical training by providing pertinent information to help you respond more effectively to people with alcohol and other drug problems. It is a comprehensive series of 6 one-day courses. We strongly recommend that you take the courses in sequence. You may also attend individual programs without working towards the certificate.
Times: Registration 8:30am; workshops run 9am-4pm each day
Fees: Range from $165 to $185 per class. The fee includes instruction, materials, breaks, CEUs, and a non-refundable administrative fee of $25.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend or arrange for a substitute, you may obtain a refund minus the $25 administrative fee by contacting our registration department at least 3 business days prior to the program. If you cancel 3 business days or less before the program, or do not attend, you are responsible for the entire fee. To cancel or arrange for a substitute, please call 800-725-9692.
Location: All programs take place at the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St. in Madison, Wisconsin on the beautiful UW-Madison campus. Information about overnight accommodation can also be found on our information page. For more information about visiting the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, see the campus information and visitor center page.
For more information: If you have any questions, contact Contact Ashley Kuehl at 608-265-4267 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Join the mailing list for this program by e-mailing your name and address to email@example.com.
Certificate Completion Requirements
1. Complete the following certificate classes within 30 months:
- Fundamentals of Substance Abuse
- Diverse Populations and Substance Use Challenges
- Resources and Substance Use Trends
- Family Dynamics, Codependency, Healthy Boundaries, and Addiction
- Relapse Prevention and Recovery
- Addiction Treatment Skills Workshop
2. Complete and pass the quiz given at the end of each class with a grade of at least 80%.
3. Write a three-page paper that meets instructional guidelines when you’ve completed all six classes. The paper will receive a grade of pass, fail, or incomplete. Your grade must be a pass to receive the Substance Use Disorders program certificate of completion.
CLASSES WILL BE OFFERED AGAIN SPRING 2019
- You will acquire comprehensive, research-based information about substance abuse.
- You will learn effective ways to respond to substance abusers and their families.
- You will gain confidence when working with people who abuse substances.
- You will learn how to directly apply the information and skills to your work setting.
Continuing education credits: CEUs: 0.6 (6 hours) per class are awarded from the UW-Madison for full participation. Full CEU information
Learn more and register by visiting any of the class pages listed below: