Professional Life Coaching Certificate
Next cohort runs Sep 2018 to May 2019. Application information will be available in February.
Do you want to help people change their lives? Are you seeking to guide, inspire, and empower others to reach their potential and get real results? Have you ever thought about becoming a life coach?
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s interactive and engaging Professional Life Coaching Certificate (PLCC) program is your gateway to this rapidly growing profession.
The PLCC is an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) through the International Coach Federation (ICF), the accrediting body for coaching. ACTP accredited programs are all inclusive training programs, which offer start to finish coach training. Through a 9-month series of face-to-face classes and teleconferences, you become adept at helping others see new perspectives, get unstuck, and find the courage to take bold actions—all while enhancing your own self-awareness and working toward professional credentialing as a life coach.
Why the UW-Madison Professional Life Coaching Certificate program?
UW-Madison is the only Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) at an academic institution in the Midwest.
Professional life coaching is an art and a science. This rich training program combines many disciplines: emotional intelligence, positive psychology, ontological coaching, use of self, evidence-based coaching, neuroscience of coaching, systems theory, relationship intelligence, organization development, and appreciative inquiry. Train with professional coaches and work with your own clients as you learn. The program was Link to read article on webcourseworks.comrecently featured as an outstanding example of “best practices” for blended learning design for adults.
Begin by developing self-presence as you explore and deepen your awareness, creating a strong foundation for coaching. Next comes skill development, where you gain the knowledge, abilities, and techniques to coach with confidence. From here you practice co-creating a dynamic coaching relationship with your clients so they can find true fulfillment in their lives.
While a student in PLCC, you will:
- Receive regular supervision from International Coach Federation (ICF)-certified coaches provided by PLCC
- Work with your own clients for at least 6 months under the individual supervision of ICF-certified coaches
- Hire and work with your own ICF-certified life coach, so you can experience the powerful impact of coaching through the personal lens of being a client
- Build relationships and work with peers in a learning community cohort model
Is the UW-Madison Professional Life Coaching Certificate program for me?
Yes! If you are:
- Seeking to become a professional life coach
- A practicing coach who wants to take your skills and certification to a higher level
- An accomplished professional preparing for a second career that requires advanced skills and experience
- A manager, internal trainer, or organizational development professional seeking to enhance your inherent coaching skills
- A human resources and performance management professional who wants to grow your portfolio of skills
- Looking to guide, inspire, and empower others to help them reach their potential and get real results!
Life coaching addresses the whole person: mind, emotions, body, and spirit. With this in mind, to succeed in the PLCC you must be open to feedback and be willing to engage in reflection and self-examination.
Contact: Kristi Obmascher, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-262-8971.
Or view our Frequently Asked Questions.
In the news
Even The New York Times understands the importance of getting life coaching training through an accredited program. Read the article Link to read article in The New York Timeshere
Lead instructor Darcy Luoma was featured in Forbes about life coaching and our Professional Life Coaching Certificate program. Read the article Link to read article in Forbeshere
People come from all over the world to take part in this program. Read one woman’s story Read about Alejandra Rivera’s experience with the Life Coaching programhere
See how these participants increased their skills and value within their companies and careers — and how you can too.