Don’t miss the July 1 deadline:Adults can apply for grant for UW credit course

Do you know any adults inter­ested in return­ing to cam­pus as an under­grad­u­ate, grad­u­ate or Spe­cial Stu­dent at UW-Madison?

They may be eli­gi­ble for receiv­ing finan­cial assis­tance to get started with one class. The appli­ca­tion dead­line for a grant for this fall term is July 1.

 UW-Madison Con­tin­u­ing Stud­ies offers Con­tin­u­ing Edu­ca­tion grants that pro­vide in-state tuition for one course. Appli­cants must have a sig­nif­i­cant break (usu­ally five years or more) in their edu­ca­tions and plan to enroll at UW-Madison this fall.  

Details about cri­te­ria and appli­ca­tion are avail­able at: continuingstudies.wisc.edu/advising/cegrant.htm   Con­tin­u­ing Edu­ca­tion grants also are avail­able for spring and summer terms. The dead­line to apply for a grant for the spring semester is Nov. 1.

If inter­ested adults have ques­tions, they should call the UW-Madison office of Adult Career and Spe­cial Stu­dent Ser­vices at 608–263-6960 or email  Jane Schimmel   with questions.

Did you go back to a higher education program after five years or more? What was it like for you? Do you have any tips for adults returning to campus?