Need more help?
If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact Lori O’Neill at 608-263-6322 email@example.com.
Many of the Continuing Studies art classes are held in the art studios of the UW-Madison Department of Art Humanities Building, 455 N Park Street, Madison.
Other campus and off-campus venues include:
- Capitol Lakes Retirement Center, 333 W. Main St, Madison
- Coventry Village Retirement Center, 7707 N. Brookline Dr. (far west Madison)
- Oak Park Place, 718 Jupiter Dr. (far east Madison)
- UW Arboretum Visitors Center, 1207 Seminole Hwy, Madison
- UW-Madison Loft Papermill, 1111 Frances St (across from Kohl Center, Madison)
- West Madison Ag Research Station, 8502 Mineral Point Rd, Verona
The location of each class is posted along with individual class information, and will also be listed on your registration confirmation.
Parking on the UW campus can be difficult depending on what Madison or UW events are taking place.Humanities Building classes, 455 N. Park St.
- Closest parking would be in the State/Lake Street city parking ramp. Enter from Lake St. or Frances St.
- $1.50 per hour. Accepts Visa, Mastercard, and cash.
- Mon-Fri after 4:30pm or Sat-Sun all day.
- 30 min - $1; 1 hour - $2; 90 min - $3; 2 hours - $4; Add’t hour - $1; Max $12
- There are some meters on Langdon St., which are $2 per hour.
- There is a Capitol Lakes parking ramp directly across from the retirement center. This is free parking.
- There is free parking in their lot.
Supply lists for each class, if there are any, can be accessed from that individual class page. The instructor's phone number and email address are listed in case you have questions about the items on the supply list.
The art supply lists are also sent to various art supply stores. The staff at these Madison locations can help you find what you will need:
- Artist & Craftsman Supply, 201 W. Gorham St., Madison
- Hobby Lobby, 2351 W Broadway, Monona
- Lynn’s, 5928 Odana Rd, Madison
- State Street Mall (art supplies section), Madison
- University Book Store, 711 State Street, Madison (between Lake & Park St.)
- Wisconsin Craft Market, 148 Westgate Mall, Madison (corner of Whitney Way & Odana Rd.)
Also find supplies at these online stores:
Yes, if your class is held in the Humanities Building. Bring a combination lock and find an empty locker to store your art supplies. Lockers must be emptied and locks removed at the end of each semester.
Generally, art courses are for adults of all ages and ability levels. Participant must be 18 to attend figure drawing and painting classes with nude models.
Occasionally, advanced high school students may receive permission to attend. High school students who want to be considered may submit a digital portfolio and letter of recommendation from their art teachers to the director.
No. Most classes are geared for the beginner or those with some art experience. The instructors give each student individual attention to help achieve his/her goals. A few classes are for those with more experience. They will be identified in the title and in the course description.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend you may obtain a refund minus the $25 administrative fee by contacting our registration department at least 3 business days prior to the program. If you cancel 3 business days or less before the program, or do not attend, you are responsible for the entire fee.
Withdrawal policy: A pro-rated refund may be available if you withdraw after taking only one session in class series. Withdrawals must be requested before the start of a second session. Contact Lori O’Neill by phone: 608-263-6322 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.