ACE Program: About the Program
An Immersive and Transformative Experience
ACE is for international high school students who would like to sharpen their English skills while enjoying summer in a one-of-a-kind location. Madison combines the tranquility of a mid-sized city with the cultural opportunities of a major metropolitan center. The program’s learning environment is fun and casual, and the content relates to the activities and field trips students enjoy after class.
As a participant, you will study to improve your English skills and learn from faculty and staff what it takes to succeed at an American university.
Instructors in the American Culture and English program are well qualified and have extensive experience working with international students. The atmosphere is fun and casual, and the content relates to the activities and field trips.
At a glance
General information and schedule
As an ACE student, you’ll stay in a double room in a modern, comfortable residence hall at UW-Madison and have access to many of the university’s facilities and resources.
All meals, activities, International health insurance, and local transportation are included in the price.
* The camp has qualified medical staff on duty 24 hours to evaluate minor illnesses and injuries, dispense medications brought by students, and provide first aid.
Several afternoons each week, you’ll participate in projects, trips, and presentations about university programs.
Afternoon and evening activities include:
- Tours of the Wisconsin State Capitol, Chazen Museum of Art, Geology Museum, and more
- Bowling and billiards
- Movie night
- Trips to the student union, Henry Vilas Zoo, Olbrich Botanical Gardens, and Concerts on the Square
Weekend activities include:
- A day trip to one of Wisconsin’s 49 state parks
- A day trip to the Wisconsin Dells, home of America’s largest water park
Typical Daily Schedule
|10:10am||Writing and Reading Comprehension|
|1:30-4pm||Special classes and workshops|
|9pm||Evening check-in and snacks|