Students From Other Colleges and Universities
UW-Madison welcomes students from other U.S. colleges and universities to take classes and enjoy all that our campus and the Madison community have to offer in the summer. Follow the steps below to get started!
- Check the Schedule of Classes to view possible courses.
- Gain prior approval from your current institution to ensure these credits will be accepted toward your degree (most schools have a formal process for doing this).
- Apply to UW-Madison using the UW System application (even if you attend another UW campus).
- Submit a recent transcript from your current institution showing that you are in good standing and have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Allow 5 to 7 days for application proessing.
- After you are admitted, follow UW-Madison enrollment instructions to enroll in courses (beginning April 8).
- When you have completed your course and grades have been posted in your MyUW Student Center, order a transcript to be sent to your academic institution.