Enrolling as a University Special Student for Summer 2013
NOTE to degree-seeking undergraduates and graduates at UW-Madison:
If you are currently a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Madison, enroll as you would for a regular semester.
How to enroll as a University Special student
Prior to enrolling in a credit course at UW-Madison, you must apply and be admitted. The process varies depending on your student classification and status. For nondegree students, the application for admission is free. (If you have not yet been admitted to the University as a Special student you will need to apply.
Once admitted you will receive a Letter of Admission via U.S. Mail and an Invitation to Enroll via e-mail from the Office of the Registrar.
Enrollment Dates for 2013 are as follows:
All students will be assigned an Earliest Appointment Time which can be viewed through the Student Center module in My UW Madison on Monday afternoon, March 18, 2013. The schedule for University Special and Guest students follows. You may begin enrolling at your assigned Enrollment Appointment Time, and up through each session’s class-add deadline.
- University Special students—Monday, April 8
- Guest students—Monday, May 20
Dates subject to change. Check registrar.wisc.edu/enrollment_release_schedule.htm for most up-to-date enrollment schedule.
Follow these steps to enroll in a class…
- ACTIVATE your NetID at my.wisc.edu—you will need the 10-digit campus ID number found on your Letter of Admission.
- LOG IN to MyUW using your NetID and password.
- SEARCH for your class or classes using the Class Search feature in your Student Center within MyUW. Add classes to your Wishlist and “Validate” to determine any enrollment problems.
- VERIFY that you meet all course prerequisites and view all other class information online via Class Search.
- ENROLL in your courses via the Student Center during your enrollment period. Avoid $25 late enrollment fee by enrolling in your class by the enrollment deadline.
- CONFIRM your course enrollment in the Student Center—a Summary Grid with your enrolled courses listed will appear in your Student Center once you have successfully enrolled.
- PAY tuition. Check your wisc.edu account for notification that your eBill is ready to view in MyUW Student Center—you will not receive a paper bill. Pay your tuition on time to avoid the $100 late payment fee.
If you have questions or are having trouble enrolling as a Special student please contact Adult Career and Special Student Services, 608-263-6960; firstname.lastname@example.org; 21 N. Park St, 7th floor, Madison WI 53715.