Ethics and Boundaries Workshops
Earn your required ethics CEU hours by participating in one of many programs specifically designed for your profession. Psychologists, social workers, counselors, or marriage and family therapists can all benefit from the following workshops.
Ethics, Boundaries, and Practice: Current Issues
Apply the newest research and insights on ethics and boundaries when working with clients, families, and colleagues.
No Simple Answers: Advanced Ethics and Boundary Issues
Focus on clinical decision-making in complicated situations. Designed for people who have training in basic ethics and boundaries.
Ethics, Values, and the Public Manager
Don't get your name in the headlines! Learn what's required for choosing and acting ethically.
These ethics and boundaries programs are specifically designed to meet the continuing education requirements for mental health and human service professionals. We are an approved continuing education provider for the following licensed professionals:
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison, provider #1042, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aasswb.org 1-800-225-6880 through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The University of Wisconsin-Madison maintains responsibility for the program. WI, IA, MI and MN Boards of Social Work recognize ACE programs.
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation for Registered Social Workers, provider # 159-000243.
Therapists and Counselors
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison (provider #5990) is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors to offer continuing education for National Certified Counselors. We adhere to NBCC Continuing Education Guidelines.
- Wisconsin Psychology Examining Board
Our programs qualify as continuing education courses relevant to the professional practice of psychology offered by an accredited university.
- Wisconsin Marriage and Family Therapists
Our programs qualify as continuing education programs offered by an accredited university that relate to the clinical practice of marriage and family therapy.
Registration deadlines: Limited enrollment; register early.
Parking: Information is sent with your confirmation. If you are unfamiliar with parking in downtown Madison, it is strongly advised that you purchase a parking permit in advance from the UW-Extension Registration Office, 608-262-1122.
Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend or arrange for a substitute, you may obtain a refund minus the $20 administrative fee by contacting our registration department at least 3 business days prior to the program. If you cancel 3 business days or less before the program, or do not attend, you are responsible for the entire fee. To cancel or arrange for a substitute, please call 800-725-9692.
Other registration options
By phone: Call 608-262-7942 or 800-725-9692.
By mail: Print, complete and mail the Continuing Studies registration form.