The Barter Theatre in Abingdon, Virginia will present the world premiere of October, Before I was Born September 27 through November 17, 2012. Learn more.
- "A Thousand Words," by 2008 Award Recipient Gwen Rice, is being premiered and co-produced by Forward Theater and Milwaukee Chamber Theatre. The production opens in Madison with performances January 19-February 5 in Promenade Hall at the Overture Center and then moves to Milwaukee with performances running February 16-March 11, 2012.
- On September 19 Milwaukee Chamber Theatre presented a staged reading of October, Before I was Born, by 2011 Wisconsin Wrights Award Recipient Lori Matthews. Learn more
- Gwen Rice (2008 Award Recipient) and Bruce Murphy (2007 Award Recipient) were selected to participate in the Dramatists Guild – Chicago Workshop held September 12-15, 2011. The Dramatists Guild Fund, the Dramatists Guild of America, and Northwestern University select five playwrights and five composer/lyricists/bookwriters from across the Midwest to participate in a four-day intensive workshop.
- The world premiere of The Kid Thing by Sarah Gubbins, who was featured at 2011 Wisconsin Wrights, was presented by Chicago Dramatists from September 9-October 16. Gubbins was 2010-2011 Wisconsin Institute for Creative Writing's Carl Djerassi Fellow in Playwriting at UW-Madison. Learn more
- October, Before I was Born, by 2011 Award Recipient Lori Matthews, was selected by Barter Theatre in Abingdon, Virginia, for as reading as part of their 2011 Appalachian Festival of Plays.
- Edenfred, Madison’s only artist residency, closed at the end of 2010. We are saddened by this great loss to the arts community, not only to Wisconsin Wrights but also the countless arts organizations and individual artists which the Terry Family Foundation and Edenfred have supported over the years. Learn more