Technical Theatre Applicants
Technical Theatre Workshops are led by theatre professionals with diverse backgrounds in the performing arts. Non-performers will have the opportunity to review portfolio presentations with professionals who hire technical and management staff. Technical theatre participants should bring resumes, photos and plans for production designs, stage management binders, or any other relevant portfolio materials for review and feedback.
To learn more about Workshop Day please visit the General Information section.
Important dates to remember
- December 2012 - Workshop schedule and titles posted online
- December 10, 2012 - Registration begins
- January 4, 2013 - Producer list and catalog posted online
- January 25, 2013 - Registration deadline
- February 4, 2013 - All appointment confirmations are mailed
- February 4, 2013 - Late-registration is closed, registrations only accepted on-site
- February 8, 2013 - Workshop day
- February 9, 2013 - Auditions and interviews
What you should prepare
TECHNICIANS, DESIGNERS, MANAGEMENT, NON-PERFORMERS
Individual, 10 minute interview appointments will be scheduled with theatres selected by the participant. Registrants will be required to complete an Appointment Request Form to be returned to us in advance. Your Appointment Request Form will be sent to you after we receive your registration and fees. If time allows, your Appointment Schedule will be sent back to you. If not, you will pick up your interview schedule at the check-in desk on February 9. Bring résumés and portfolios to share with producers during each interview you schedule.
To see a list of producers planning to attend the 2013 Wisconsin Theatre Auditions and Technical Interviews, visit the General Information section.
Fees for 2013
Workshop Day: The cost is $30.00
Performance Auditions: $30.00 per person
Tech Interviews: $30.00 per person
If you sign up for both a performance audition and a technical interview the cost is $45.00.
All fees are non-refundable. Plan your auditions carefully.
Note: The registration forms are in fillable pdf format. Type in your information, save the file, and print out a copy to send in. All completed registration materials must be mailed to: WI Theatre Auditions & Tech Interviews, 21 N Park St., 7th Floor, Madison, WI 53715
Performers need to submit:
- General Registration Form
- Technical Experience Summary
- Payment totaling all applicable fees (workshop registration, audition fees, technical fees, late fees)
If you are signing up for both performance auditions and technical interviews you must complete one general registration form, the Performance Experience Summary form, and the Technical Experience Summary form.
Join our mailing list to receive news about Theatre Auditions in Wisconsin.