If you are a producer interested in participating in WI Theatre auditions please visit the information for producers page.
"I found the workshops very helpful. I feel better prepared not only for tomorrow but also for future auditions."
Workshops are lead by theatre professionals with diverse backgrounds in the performing arts. Non-performers will have the opportunity to review portfolio presentations with professionals who hire technical and management staff. Several participants planning to audition will have the chance to receive immediate feedback on prepared material. The workshop series will offer new tips to both professionals and aspiring actors.
All workshop participants receive 2 one-hour passes to observe any audition session on Saturday. Though closed to the public, those registering for workshops are provided the opportunity to learn more about the audition process through observation.
Pre-registration check-in and on-site registration begins at noon on Friday, February 8, in the Inn Wisconsin Room (2nd Floor) of the Memorial Union. You must check-in (pre-registered participants) or register on-site prior to attending any workshops.
The Memorial Union is located in the 800 block of Langdon Street. Enter the building from Langdon Street through one of the many doors located at street level, take the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor, and proceed to the Inn Wisconsin Room.
Limited parking is available in the nearby Lake Street Ramp (entrances on Lake and Frances streets). All University and City of Madison parking rules will apply plan ahead and allow extra time in your schedule to secure a parking space.
All workshops are informal in nature, but make every attempt to arrive on time and promptly vacate the workshop space at the conclusion of each session.
Please make sure you dispose of all litter in the proper receptacles. The Union offers several options for purchasing snack/meal items, but we ask that you refrain from eating when attending the workshop sessions; beverages are allowed in the workshop rooms.
Please remember to pick up your passes (2) at the Registration Desk to observe any audition session on Saturday, February 9. On Saturday, you may only enter the audition space at the beginning of a session. You must leave the space when the one-hour session concludes or provide another pass to observe an additional session.
Please take time to complete an evaluation form your input allows us to improve our program and better address your specific needs and concerns
List of 2013 workshops (topics subject to change)
- Open critique: individual portfolio reviews for management, technicians and designers (bring resumes, photos, or any portfolio materials)
- Preparing for the musical theatre audition
- Dance audition techniques for non-dancers and dancers
- A monologue workshop master class
- Alley Stage: P, T www.alleystage.com
- American Folklore Theatre: P, D, Collecting tech resumes www.folkloretheatre.com
- American Players Theatre: P, T www.playinthewoods.org
- Four Seasons Theatre: P, D, Collecting tech resumes www.fourseasonstheatre.com
- Great River Shakespeare Festival: P, T http://grsf.org
- The Heartland Festival: P, T, D www2.uwplatt.edu/heartland
- Music Theatre of Madison: P www.mtmadison.com
- Peninsula Players: T www.peninsulaplayers.com
- Prairie Fire Children's Theatre (MN): P, D www.prairiefirechildrenstheatre.com
- Santa Fe Opera (NM): T www.santafeopera.org
- Six Flags Chicago: P, D, T www.sixflags.com/greatamerica
- Utah Shakespeare Festival: T www.bard.org
- Valleyfair: P, D, T www.valleyfair.com
Doubletree Hotel: 608-251-5511 (Toll Free 800-446-4656), 525 W. Johnson St., Madison
Lowell Center: 608-256-2621, 610 Langdon St., Madison
University Inn: 608-257-4881 (Toll Free 800-279-4881), 441 N. Frances St., Madison
Parking availability for events at the Memorial Union varies depending on lot location and hours. We recommend that you park in the City of Madison ramp located between Lake Street and Frances Street. Click here for a detailed map and further information.
For more information:
Contact Sarah Marty, 608-263-2790 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org