Thank you for your interest in participating in the 37th Annual Theatre Auditions in Wisconsin. They will take place Saturday, February 9, 2013 in the Memorial Union on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Auditions are non-union and open to all theatres; including
year-round and summer companies, touring companies, theme parks and fairs.
Last year, well over 250 people (actors and technicians) participated in the
Attractive incentives for producers
- All performers will audition in the same room, with a strict time frame of 2 minutes, not including their introduction. All auditionees have the option of either presenting two contrasting monologues or one song and one monologue. Each theatre will receive a copy of every participant's Experience Summary (including small photo). Theatre representatives seeking to fill technical & staff positions will also conduct interviews throughout the day. Callbacks begin late Saturday afternoon following the dance audition and will continue into the evening. Each company will be assigned a private callback room in the Union.
- The Memorial Union is easily accessible and conveniently located near
State Street and other points of interest on the University of Wisconsin-Madison
campus. Reserved parking will be provided for theatre representatives who
request it in the lot adjacent to the Union.
- On Friday afternoon, February 8, a variety of theatre workshops will
be offered as part of the Auditions program. Our instructors are theatre
professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences in the performing
arts. Workshop sessions are open to the general public for a nominal registration
- Madison is home to many distinctive shops and restaurants and provides
visitors with unique opportunities for both entertainment and relaxation.
If you wish to participate in the 2013 Auditions program, please download the producer registration packet (fillable PDF), type in your information, save the file, and print out a copy to send in as soon as possible. All completed registration materials must be mailed to: WI Theatre Auditions & Tech Interviews, 21 N Park St., 7th Floor, Madison, WI 53715
The deadline for registration is November 15, 2012. Contact Sarah Marty at 608-263-2790 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information. If you are unable to join us this year, we thank you for your consideration and hope you’ll include us in your plans for 2014.
What the producers fee provides you
- An opportunity to see potential employees in one location in one
- We register and schedule everyone; all you do is provide a representative(s).
- One parking permit for lot adjacent to Memorial Union.
- Use of an individual callback room at the end of the day.
- Nationwide promotion to hundreds of theatres, institutions and individuals.
- Packet of materials that includes the resume and photo of each auditionee.
How the Wisconsin Theatre Auditions & Technical Interviews program operates
Scheduling of all potential actors/employees is handled centrally by Auditions
staff at UW-Madison, Department of Liberal Studies and the Arts.
All performers will audition in the same room, with a strict time frame of 2 minutes, not including their introduction. All auditionees have the option of either presenting two contrasting monologues or one song and one monologue. Each theatre will receive a copy of every participant's Experience Summary (including small photo).
At the beginning of each hour-long audition session, producers will receive a sheet that lists all names/audition numbers for auditionees scheduled in that time-block. Producers indicate on the sheet which auditionees should be scheduled for a callback at the end of the day. Prior to audition day, producers will be asked to indicate the type of callback appointments they require. After each hour, the Auditions staff will collect the sheets and schedule callbacks per producer requests. Producers may also choose to have an auditionee just leave credentials (headshot and complete resume). Callbacks begin at 6:00 p.m. and must conclude no later than 9:30 p.m.
Simultaneously throughout the day, theatres that offer opportunities for non-performers will conduct ten-minute interviews. UW-Madison Auditions staff schedules all interviews.