Online Learning - Self-paced, noncredit courses
Noncredit online courses offer you the chance to study at your own pace, in your own home, and still enjoy one-on-one interaction with your instructor via e-mail.
- Advanced art critique for artists
- Independent and self-directed painting, drawing, and mixed media
- Drawing landscape
- Portfolio review - What's next?
- Creative nonfiction
- Feature writing in the digital age
- From notebook to new work: A writer's journal workshop
- My book proposal coach
- My manuscript coach
- My script coach
- Grammar and punctuation: paths toward clarity
- Screenwriting: write your first draft fast
- Poetry writing: getting to good
- Poetry writing: taking the poetic leap
- The web for writers
- Writing your tv pilot
- Fiction Writing
- New and coming soon
- Every writers toolbox!
- Want to write for the hottest market today? Write YA!
- What's your story? Writing your memoir and beyond
Learn more about new and upcoming online writing courses.
How to register for online classes
You can register for our online classes online, by mail, or by phone. Details and registration links are given on each course description page.
What happens when you register?
If you register and pay online: You will immediately receive an e-mail receipt for your registration and payment. You will receive an e-mail directly from your instructor within 3 business days. (In most cases, you can expect a response within one business day.) In that e-mail you will receive instructions on how to begin your course. If the course has an accompanying web site, that e-mail will contain a link to the site along with your username and password.
If you register by another method: Within 5 business days of our receipt of your registration and payment, we will mail a registration confirmation and payment receipt to you. Within 3 business days after that, you will receive an e-mail directly from your instructor. In that e-mail you will find instructions on how to begin your course. If the course has an accompanying web site, that e-mail will contain a link to the site along with your username and password.
If you have a question about this process, or experience a delay beyond the times described above, please contact Lori O'Neill at 608-263-6322 (toll-free 877-336-7836) or e-mail LSAonline@dcs.wisc.edu.