Credit Outreach funds are available to assist schools and colleges with credit-bearing programs designed to serve working adults and nontraditional students.
The goals, purpose, and intended audiences of Credit Outreach funding are outlined in UW System policy ACIS 5.4: Programming for the Non-Traditional Market in the University of Wisconsin System.
Those goals include:
- Providing credit courses for adults unable to reach the campus sites during the typical teaching day
- Providing programs designed to equip students to compete in an increasingly technological economy
- Providing opportunities for working adults to earn degrees and/or credit-bearing certificates that will enhance their earning power, therefore improving the Wisconsin economy
- Developing programs of an innovative or experimental nature
- Providing service to adult learners without diluting the support for the traditional campus based clientele
If you have questions or concerns about the funding process, please contact Katy Duren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-263-5114.