Continuing Studies Art Gallery:
Call for artists
21 N. Park Street
Do you create 2-dimensional art? Are you a painter, photographer, collage artist, or other 2-D artist?
This is a call for artists at UW-Madison Continuing Studies, 21 N. Park St. We have an official call every October, but you are welcome to submit your artwork at any time for consideration.
How to apply
- Submit online application form (pending)
- E-mail your art images to CSArtShow@dcs.wisc.edu
Who can apply?
People who have a connection to the UW-Madison Continuing Studies: employees, instructors, students, and family or friends of employees may apply. The Art Committee will jury and select submitted artworks and set the display schedule.
Art is displayed in the hallway for 2-month periods: April-May, June-July, August-September, October-November, December-January, and February-March. Art in the Wisconsin Idea Room is displayed for 4 months at a time, by invitation only.
Email images and complete online application.
Submit (#1-5) at online application (pending)
All proposals are sent to CSArtShow@dcs.wisc.edu and must include:
- Contact information
- Connection to UW-Madison Continuing Studies: employee, instructor, student, family, or friend of employee
- Display period choice availability; you must be available to hang and take down your art M-F, between 8am-4:30pm
- Artist statement
- Labelled art images (last name_first initial_ image number) Example: Smith_F_01
There is a maximum of 10 artworks for each exhibit. Submitted image resolution should be 72 dpi, image area no more than 450 pixels or 6” on the longest side, file size maximum 500K, and images saved as .jpg file.
- Submit ONE digital image per artwork.
- The digital images you submit must be of the actual artworks you propose to display.
- Images must be in proper orientation for viewing on a computer (upright on monitor).
Label your art images as follows (do not use a different naming convention): (last name_first initial_ image number)
There are 3 wall display sections—each 8’ W and 5’ H — in the public corridors, and a conference room display, all on the 7th floor of the building.
Wall mounting system
We use the “Walker Display” Hanging System for Wall Art.
- No piece should weigh more than 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be framed.
- A hanging wire is required on all framed artwork.
- Maximum wall space HEIGHT for hanging is approximately 60”.
- Lighting in the corridor is indirect (no sunlight). The conference room has northern exporsure.
There is NO insurance included. You must sign a release before you hang your show. You may provide your own insurance, however this is optional.
Please print this release form and bring it with you when you bring your artwork.
Any sales will be made directly between the artist and the buyer after the show. No commission will be charged.
Review and selection
The Art Committee will review all submissions.
The Art Committee reserves the right to refuse any works submitted.
The Art Committee will electronically notify each applicant if their proposal was accepted (or not) within 6 weeks after deadline.
If you have any questions, email CSArtShow@dcs.wisc.edu.