Brand new! Design and Teach Online Certificate
The Design and Teach Online (DTO) certificate is a comprehensive, cohort-based experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to plan and teach a quality online course. The certificate program is heavily application-focused, and participants will immediately apply what they learn to a project using an actual online course they are currently teaching or plan to teach.
This certificate is designed for cohorts from the same institution to participate as a team and work collaboratively on their course design plans with their local instructional technology and instructional design support staff.
What the certificate provides:
This certificate provides a comprehensive, cohort-based professional development experience where participants will be able to:
- Experience an authentic online learning environment as they learn pedagogical and technology enabled best practices.
- Prepare to meet the challenges of designing and teaching quality online courses.
- Collaborate with experts in the field and peers to share ideas, experiences, successes, and challenges about designing and teaching online courses.
- Integrate research-based best practices for designing and teaching online.
- Plan and begin developing an online unit and supporting activities.
Participants will investigate research-based instructional design principles and course quality standards. They will design and develop a framework for their online course as well as learning activities for a course unit. In addition, participants will learn strategies to help facilitate and manage online courses that help them design and plan an online course unit including strategies to help facilitate and manage an online course.
To learn more about this offering, please contact Janet Staker Woerner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-3038.