Write-by-the-Lake Writer’s Workshop and Retreat: Fees & credits
- Sections 1 through 7, plus 11 are all $415 each.
- Sections 8 and 10 are $750 each.
- Section 9 is $495.
- Optional University credit is extra. (See below for more information.)
Noncredit/Credit Options: 3.0 CEU (30 hours); 1-3 UW English graduate credits available. University credit fees are extra. The cost of each graduate credit is about $400 for returning/nontraditional adult students not enrolled full-time. This is the undergraduate credit rate, and is a special rate for this program (it's usually over $1000 per credit). You receive graduate credits. This special, low fee applies to both residents and non-residents of Wisconsin.
Graduate Credit Enrollment
- Step 1. To earn graduate credit in English (1, 2, or 3 credits available), you first must enroll in the retreat with the continuing education fee. Complete that process first. All students, including those currently enrolled on-campus, must complete that step and pay that fee.
- Step 2. Once you've done that, our office (Liberal Studies & the Arts, Division of Continuing Studies) will send you information and a student ID number with instructions on how to register online for the credits. You will pay an additional fee for the credits. Note: This is a "by permission only" course because it's limited enrollment. You must go through us to become registered for credit.
- Step 3. Complete the online registration process by the deadline in the material we send you. If you have questions about the credit process for this particular course, please contact Christine DeSmet, coordinator, (608) 262-3447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants for returning adult students pursing a degree: Continuing Studies sometimes provides grants for in-state tuition for adults with a significant break from education taking one class to get started with their studies. Criteria and application information available at: continuingstudies.wisc.edu/advising/finance» or contact Adult and Student Services, Division of Continuing Studies, (608) 263-6960.