Financial aid program
We are already looking forward to next year — save the date for July 18-23, 2015!
We leave the 2014 information here for your reference.
Awards of 50% of qualifying registration fees may be awarded as credit toward total fees for those that qualify.
Application deadline: June 8. Financial aid applications must be submitted online.
The maximum award is $150.00 per person. All workshop registration fees except for Yoga qualify for this program. Competitive awards will be based on a statement of interest and need. Applicants who have not received financial assistance in the past will be given first consideration. The number of awards granted each year is dependent upon the available scholarship budget. Scholarships are supported by the generosity of donors to School of the Arts.
When you register online to attend School of the Arts, your potential award credit will be calculated and you will pay only the remaining balance. After completing the registration and payment, you will be directed to a link where you will fill out your financial aid application.
Notice of awards will be made by Jun 18. If you are not granted an award, you will be billed for the outstanding balance of your registration.
How to apply:
- Gather your information:
- Contact information
- One (or more) references, including phone number(s). The committee may choose to contact them to learn more about you or your background.
- In a separate word document, write a statement of interest (no more than 750 words). In that statement, please explain your interest and experience in the arts, your motivation for attending School of the Arts at Rhinelander and why you need financial aid to attend. Please also include whether you have applied for and/or received financial in aid for School of the Arts previously. If you have received assistance in the past, please tell us what year(s). You will use this document to cut and paste into the online application.
- REGISTER online for School of the Arts»
- Click “I am applying for financial aid” and pay the balance.
- Complete the online form using the information you have gathered.
For questions about the registration and payment process, call the registration desk at (608) 262-2451.
PLUS! UW-Madison Continuing Studies also hosts School of the Arts at Spring Green on select weekends throughout spring, summer, and fall of 2014. Click to learn more»