Rethinking Leadership: Insights and Application of New Perspectives
Expanded to 15 breakout topics!
June 9, 2017 at Monona Terrace
This 1-day leadership conference gives you a chance to explore useful and thought provoking topics that will help deepen your understanding of leadership and add to your tools and resources. The breakout sessions are intentionally a bit longer to give more time for learning and connecting.
Our keynote speaker this year is Oscar Mireles, an influential community leader who is Executive Director of Omega School. Oscar has received numerous service awards and he is also the current poet laureate of Madison!
At a glance
What: Rethinking Leadership: Insights and Application of New Perspectives
When: Fri, June 9, 2017, 8:30am-4:15pm
Where: Monona Terrace, 1 John Nolen Dr., Madison, WI
Cost: $215 early bird. $255 after April 21, 2017
CEUs: 6 hours (0.6 CEUs)
Questions: Contact Laura V. Page at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-3627
Choose 3 from 15 breakout sessions on intriguing and focused topics
One each from sessions A, B, and C. See Sessions for details and presenter information
First morning sessions:
- A-1: How Teams Can Have The Right Fight
- A-2: Talent Acquisition Today, The Art and the Science
- A-3: Inviting Feedback on Your Leadership Even When You’re Not in the Mood
- A-4: Adventures in Clear Thinking: Hunting Paper Tigers & Avoiding Slippery Slopes
- A-5: Get More of What You Want in a Negotiation by Using (Not Abusing!) Your Power
Second morning sessions:
- B-1: The New Loyalty; What Got Us Here Won’t Get Us There
- B-2: Through the Looking Glass: Self-Examination, Diversity and Decision-Making
- B-3: The Paradox and Practice of Servant Leadership; A Personal Case Study
- B-4: Visual Intelligence: The Overlooked Leadership Skill
- B-5: Reflections on 26 years of Change Initiatives; What Works, What Doesn't
- After Lunch Keynote: Oscar Mireles, Walking the Talk May Not Be What You Think It Is
- C-1: To Share or Not to Share; The Question of Transparency
- C-2: The Brain Science of Personal and Organizational Change and Engagement
- C-3: So You’ve “Found” Your Strengths, Now What?
- C-4: Reframing Lost Trust; From Obstacle to Opportunity
- C-5: Facilitation Skills for Discussion Groups Stuck in “The Groan Zone”
Walking the Talk May Not Be What You Think It Is
Oscar Mireles, director of Omega School and City of Madison poet laureate
Oscar Mireles is an active and highly honored community leader. He has been executive director of the Omega School for over 22 years, helping thousands of students complete their General Education Diploma. In 2016, Oscar was recognized by In Business Magazine as one of the "15 Most Influential People in Dane County," selected to the "M" List by Madison Magazine, and acknowledged by Madison365.com as one of "the 48 most powerful Latinos in Wisconsin." He serves on the boards of One City Learning, Madison Museum of Contemporary Arts (MMOCA), and Boys and Girls Club of Dane County. Oscar is also the Poet Laureate for the City of Madison (2016-2018). Within the Downtown Rotary Club, Oscar has served on the Foundation Scholarship Committee and Youth Awards Committees. He is also a four-year mentor to a Rotary scholar who will be graduating from UW-Madison in June, 2017.
View full session information here»