Our 2016 conference will be held M-W Oct 31-Nov 2. Please check back for more information, coming soon. In the meantime we leave all 2015 information here for your reference.
|One day only||$205||$175||$185|
|Oct 27 lunch||$35||$35||$35|
*Student: Full time students are eligible for reduced rates. Enclose a copy of your validated student ID with your registration form.
**Groups: Agencies sending 5 or more employees may take advantage of the reduced per person group-registration fee. To receive the group discount all forms must be mailed in the same envelope, all faxed together, or all telephoned in at the same time. No exceptions.
- REGISTER ONLINE»
- In person: register at the door the day(s) you attend.
- Phone: 800-725-9692 or 608-262-2451 (Wisconsin Relay 711), 7am-4:30pm Central Time. We accept VISA, MasterCard, or American Express. When you register by phone, please have your workshop choices ready, so you have all the information needed by the registrar.
- Mail check made payable to UW-Madison, plus completed registration form to:
Child Sexual Abuse Conference
702 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53706-1487
- Fax: 800-741-7416 or 608-265-3163
Registration for workshops and/or post-conference institutes
Indicate on the registration form the institutes and/or workshops you plan to attend. We cannot guarantee you a space in the sessions you select, but this lets us know which sessions require larger meeting rooms.
Fees and discounts
The registration fee for 3 days of the conference is $475; group and student discounts are available.
To qualify for the group discount, agencies must register 5 or more people at the same time (online or by phone). No exceptions.
Additional fee for Tuesday’s lunch and speaker.
Prior to the conference, registrants will be emailed information on how to download presenters’ handouts free of charge.
Agencies sending 5 or more people receive a group discount. All registration forms must be sent in the same envelope, all faxed at the same time, or all phoned in at the same time. No exceptions.
If you are unable to attend or arrange for a substitute, you may obtain a refund minus the $50 administrative fee by contacting our registration department at least 3 business days prior to the program. If you cancel 3 business days or fewer before the program, or do not attend, you are responsible for the entire fee. To cancel or arrange for a substitute, call 800-725-9692.
Location & Lodging
The conference meets at:
Madison Marriott West (map)
1313 John Q Hammons Dr
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
Phone: 608-831 2000
The Madison Marriott West is at the Greenway Blvd exit off the West Beltline Highway (US 12/14). The hotel offers complimentary transportation to and from the Dane County Regional Airport and is served by all major Madison cab companies. Parking is free.
Lodging: A limited block of discounted rooms is held at the Marriott Madison West. Use the group code of MASMASA when making your reservation. The discounted conference room rate is available only until Oct 5 or until the block is full. Lodging is not included in the registration fee. Rates: $99/single or double.
To reserve your room online:
- Click here for the Madison Marriott West website»
- Look for “Special Rates & Awards”
- Enter Group Code MASMASA
Things to do in Madison
Our downtown/campus area is surrounded by 2 lakes, and there’s plenty to do in the Madison area in the fall. Consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US, it’s a beautiful destination for biking and walking. Special sights are Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin in nearby Spring Green and the Wright-designed Monona Terrace Convention Center near the Capitol. Hike in the UW-Madison Arboretum or along the lakeshore path to Picnic Point, rent a bike for a trip to the free zoo (rentals available at one of many on-street bike racks or at several bike shops near campus), visit the Saturday Farmers’ Market, shop along State Street, or savor a meal at one of our many international restaurants. The UW-Madison campus is always fun—try the local ice cream at Babcock Hall or experience the sunset from the Union Terrace.
Check out visitmadison.com for an online map and information about enjoying the Madison area.
The Dane County Regional Airport is 20 minutes from the Madison Marriott West. If you’re flying into the Chicago airport, Van Galder Bus Co provides round trip bus service from Chicago to Madison. For information, see www.vangalderbus.com or call 800-747-0994.
Discounted Airfare: Call Fox World Travel at 888-691-9163 and identify yourself as a participant of UW-Madison Conference on Child Sexual Abuse to receive discounted airfare.
Continuing education credits
Continuing education (CE) hours are awarded after full-day participation. Partial credit is not awarded; late arrivals or early departures preclude awarding CE credits. Some continuing education hours are pending approval. Call for up-to-date approval information (800-442-7107).
University of Wisconsin–Madison: This conference is approved for 6.0 CE hours/day (0.6 CEUs/day). An additional 1.0 CE hour/0.1 CEU is awarded by attending the Oct 27 lunch/plenary session.
Association of Social Work Boards:The University of Wisconsin–Madison, Continuing Studies, (provider #1042) is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The University of Wisconsin-Madison, Continuing Studies, maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB approval Period 04/27/2013-04/27/2016. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, and the Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota Boards of Social Work recognize ACE programs.
Counselors, Sexuality Educators, and Therapists:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC): UW-Madison Continuing Studies is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP)#5990 and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Wisconsin Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Qualifies as a continuing education program offered by an accredited university.
- Wisconsin Substance Abuse Counselors: Qualifies as a continuing education course consisting of relevant subject matter taught by qualified presenters.
- Play therapy: The University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Liberal Arts and Applied Studies (LAAS) is an approved provider of play therapy by the Association for Play Therapy (approved provider number: 01-113). PDAS maintains responsibility for the program. The sessions approved for play therapy hours are D4 and G3.
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction: The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction may accept Continuing Education Units (CEUs) offered by the University of Wisconsin campuses as part of the activities included in Professional Development Plans (PDPs).
Legal Professionals: Continuing Legal Education (CLEs) hours through the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners (PENDING APPROVAL).
Guardian Ad Litem (GALs): Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners (PENDING APPROVAL).
- American Psychological Association: University of Wisconsin-Madison Continuing Studies is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. University of Wisconsin-Madison Continuing Studies maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
- Minnesota Psychologists: Minnesota Board of Psychology.
- Wisconsin Psychology Examining Board: Qualifies as a continuing education course relevant to the professional practice of psychology offered by an accredited university.
Other professions: Completion of this program qualifies for 6 continuing education hours per day. Contact your own board or organization for specific continuing education requirements.
FEIN: University of Wisconsin 39-1805963
Questions? Email Denise Nolden or call 608-263-5130, toll free 800-442-7107.